Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Will you survive?

         Cocaine, heroine, ecstasy, and acid are all drugs that can kill you. Does grade 12? I began to walk the halls with extreme precaution awaiting the surprise attack of a hazard. Upon approaching the stairs, I suddenly realize my shoe is untied. Before I could reach down and fix it, a grade 9 comes bursting out in front of me launching my grade 12 body down the stairwell. Luckily, my hand grasps the cold beige metal bar. I reached my destination, Chemistry. Mrs. Niedballa had us doing a lab today with poisonous chemicals. Although, I was aware of all the dangers and safeties of the class, my fellow classmates were obviously not. My eyes scattered around the room looking for any loose articles of clothing, goggles, coats, or any left out food. 
     "Hey, I dare you to drink this!" one of the students yelled. 
     "NO!" I belted, but it was too late! I reached for my phone to call 911. The boy who swallowed the chemical substance was past out on the ground. 
     "He will be ok," one of the ambulance attendance recited. It was only 10:00am and already a life was put in grave danger. I needed a snack, to the cafeteria I thought. I decided on an egger, since they normally cure my hunger. However, something just wasn't right today. My stomach felt like it was bubbling and gurgling. My throat felt swollen and itchy. What was going on? I reached into my pocket where my Tums were. Hopefully, that would get me through P.E. Dodgeball! Are you kidding me! Maybe I will just have to fake sick? How many hours left? Highschool is a dangerous place and it's a miracle how we survive everyday because everyday we go to school, we face a 1000 ways to die! 

No comments:

Post a Comment